African women have established themselves as the preservers of civilizations and the builders of nations since the dawn of time. From Nefertiti, Queen of Egypt, Kandake Amanirenas, Queen of the ancient kingdom of Kush, Queen Aminatu of Nigeria, Queen Nandi of South Africa, and Yaa Asantewa, Queen of the Ashanti kingdom in Ghana, the African woman has excelled in ruling the country, defending the nation, and providing social reform.
Up until the modern age, African women strived and succeeded in securing their position in the world as rulers, warriors, and family protectors. Globalization and the world conquest affected their lives and tried to subdue their identities. However, many of them succeeded in facing colonial aggression and preserving the traditional and cultural identities of their nations.
In the first edition of the International Conference on “African Women Rights and Its Role in Sustainable Development,” IEREK gives the floor to researchers and human rights activists to discuss the history and the steps towards women empowerment, starting from the golden ages, moving towards the Middle Ages of slavery and colonization, up until the contemporary years of the 19th and the 20th centuries.
The conference will discuss the role of women in preserving cultural identities and dialects, securing familial and communal ties, and facing gender stereotypes. It also analyzes the effects of urbanization and modernity on the African woman and discusses the laws and legislations that resulted from this. The conference raises the question of how human rights serve African women and guarantee them safe and liberating communities.
Moreover, there will be open discussions on the political representation of African women in the modern political stage; how they affect and are affected by laws and politics. Case studies on women’s impact on the modern economy and scientific research will also be highlighted and analyzed. These ideas will be discussed in relation to the stereotypical view of African women from the World, and especially the European media perspective.
Therefore, researchers and Human Rights activists are welcome to share their ideas and exchange thoughts on the position of the modern African woman on the world’s stage. IEREK’s first edition of the International Conference on “African Women Rights and Its Role in Sustainable Development” will try to redefine the concepts attributed to African women by supervising the open discussions of presentations and research papers through a 3-day virtual conference to be held from the 22nd to the 24th of March 2022.
If you are interested to join the conference, present your paper, and discuss it with world leaders and thinkers, then hurry up to register and submit your abstract and secure a chance to publish in IEREK’s Interdisciplinary Book Series, Advances in Science, Technology, and Innovation (ASTI) by Springer. Now indexed in Scopus!
1. Race and Racism
1.1 African Women Through the Ages: From Slavery to
1.2 Empowerment Cultural Stereotypes and Traditional Beliefs.
2. Societal Role and History
2.1 Motherhood, Fatherhood and Family Life 2.2 Dialects and Culture Preservation 2.3 Effects of urbanization and globalization on the modern woman 2.4 Women empowerment and transition from rural communities
3. Women Health
3.1 Abortion, reproductive rights, and birth control: Women’s right to control their bodies: a political view 3.2 Maternal Mortality 3.3 Breast Cancer 3.4 Female Genital Mutilation 3.5 Medical rights
4. Gender Inequality and Human Rights
4.1 Women [as portrayed] in Film, Literature, and Arts 4.2 Media representation and social media 4.3 Redefining Feminism 4.4 Political Candidacy and Elections 4.5 Voting rights and Expansion 4.6 Equality (2030 SDGs) 4.7 Artistic and literary expression 4.8 Sexuality and gender identity 4.9 Disability 4.10 Employment and poverty
5. Economy, Laws, and Crime
5.1 Law and social reforms towards equality: Case studies 5.2 Crimes against women 5.3 Organizing, activism, and protests 5.4 Business, management, and leadership: small businesses and women-oriented economy 5.5 Violence 5.6 Religion
All accepted papers of the African Women Rights and their Role in Sustainable Development (1st AWRSD) after the peer-review process will be either published as chapters in the Book Series “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer or in The International Journal of Academic Research Community Publication (ARChive) online by IEREK Press.
The ASTI Book Series by Springer is by highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure a high-quality publication material to be eventually published online and printable.
The ASTI Book Series is indexed Scopus and will be submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI) and EI-Compendex databases.
To publish your research in the online Journal or Book by 'Springer' and provide it with world-wide visibility, authors must submit an extended version of their short papers that are 8 -12 pages long.
If you are not sure whether you or one of your co-authors will be able to attend the conference, you should bear in mind that there is a fee to be paid for Audiences (Co-authors, Learners, and Interests). The accepted paper will not be included in the conference proceedings without paying the fee (see Conference Fees for more details). A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference abstract book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Asti By Springer
Publishing in ASTI by Springer (Scopus indexed)
After the conference, the submitted manuscripts of authors interested in publishing in the ASTI book series will undergo a rigorous peer-review process resulting in a final decision made by the editors. Only accepted research will be published as a chapter in the Book Series entitled “Advances in Science, Technology and Innovation” (ASTI) by Springer. The ASTI Book Series is by managed highly professional members of an International Editorial Board to ensure high-quality material for online publication.
The ASTI Book Series is fully indexed in Scopus. Some titles have been successfully indexed or submitted for indexation in Web of Science (ISI).
About the ASTI series
Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) is a series of peer-reviewed books based on important emerging research that redefines the current disciplinary boundaries in science, technology, and innovation (STI) in order to develop integrated concepts for sustainable development. It not only discusses the progress made towards securing more resources, allocating smarter solutions, and rebalancing the relationship between nature and people, but also provides in-depth insights from comprehensive research that addresses the 17 sustainable development goals (SDGs) as set out by the UN for 2030.
The series draws on the best research papers from various IEREK and other international conferences to promote the creation and development of viable solutions for a sustainable future and a positive societal transformation with the help of integrated and innovative science-based approaches. Including interdisciplinary contributions, it presents innovative approaches and highlights how they can best support both economic and sustainable development, through better use of data, more effective institutions, and global, local, and individual action, for the welfare of all societies.
The series particularly features conceptual and empirical contributions from various interrelated fields of science, technology, and innovation, with an emphasis on digital transformation, that focus on providing practical solutions to ensure food, water, and energy security to achieve the SDGs. It also presents new case studies offering concrete examples of how to resolve sustainable urbanization and environmental issues in different regions of the world.
The series is intended for professionals in research and teaching, consultancies and industry, and government and international organizations. Published in collaboration with IEREK, the Springer ASTI series will acquaint readers with essential new studies in STI for sustainable development.
Springer is a leading global scientific, technical and medical portfolio, providing researchers in academia, scientific institutions and corporate R&D departments with quality content through innovative information, products and services. Springer has one of the strongest STM and HSS eBook collections and archives, as well as a comprehensive range of hybrid and open access journals. Springer is part of Springer Nature, a global publisher that serves and supports the research community. Springer Nature aims to advance discovery by publishing robust and insightful science, supporting the development of new areas of research and making ideas and knowledge accessible around the world. As part of Springer Nature, Springer sits alongside other trusted brands like Nature Research, BioMed Central, and Palgrave Macmillan.
Click on the below image to learn more about the editors
Abstract Submissions Deadline
05 Jan 2022
Last Notification for Abstract Acceptance
15 Jan 2022
Full Paper Submission Deadline
10 Feb 2022
Last Notification for Full-Paper Acceptance
15 Feb 2022
Early Payment Deadline
20 Jan 2022
Regular Payment Deadline
20 Jan 2022
Late Payment Deadline
20 Jan 2022
Letter of Visa (for delegates who need visa entry)
01 Jan 1970
Letter of Final Acceptance
21 Jan 2022
20 Feb 2022
22 Mar 2022
Benefits Of Attending
Attending a conference dramatically enhances both your professional and personal development. They help you sharpen the saw, meet and converse with industry experts, expand your resources and grow your professional network. IEREK Conference will help you:
1. Open Discussions: We bring together leading academic scientists, from different universities and countries, to exchange and share their experiences and research results.
2. Internationally Accredited Certificate: The participants are granted internationally recognized certificates acknowledged by IEREK, the University, and Partnering Organizations.
3. Publication: Selected high-quality manuscripts will be published, after peer review, in the Advances in Science, Technology & Innovation (ASTI) book series by Springer or by IEREK Press Journals, both of which are indexed in world-renowned databases.
4. Research Technologies: Conferences can expand your resources by providing a great opportunity to promote gathered information on new technologies related to your research.
5. Networking: You can engage with industry experts to discuss with them the very latest research projects they could be working on and increase your chances of collaboration in future projects.
6. Academic Reputation: Attending many conferences will make you a known figure in academic circles and an active member of the academic community.
7. Conference Abstracts Material: Delegates will receive the conference Abstracts book in both hardcover and digital format on a CD.Shipping fees may apply.
IEREK has an unyielding policy regarding plagiarism. We believe that copying/taking the ideas and work of other Authors without permission and credit is fraudulent.The Reviewing committee and IEREK employees have the authority to reject a paper during its reviewing process, on the basis of the paper being subjected to either minor or major plagiarism.
Authors must refer to, and abide by, the following instructions in submitting their abstracts/ papers:
Step 1: Abstract Submission Process
- The author should prepare and submit an Abstract (250 300 words) through the website and before the abstract submission deadline.
- The abstract should clearly state the purpose, results, and conclusions of the work to be described in the final paper.
- The author should select the most relevant topic for the paper from the corresponding conference topics.
- The author can use/download an abstract writing template to submit the abstract file accordingly.
To downloadthe Abstract Writing Template, Click Here
Step 2: Abstract Review
- Upon submission, an abstract will undergo a preliminary evaluation process by members of our scientific committee.
-A relevant topic of the conference should be proposed with clear writing, aims, and objectives of the study clearly presented and sound literature and methodology of the work.
- The author will receive a notification by email, within 2 weeks, of:
Approval, after which they will be requested to prepare and submit their full/short paper submissions.
Rejection, if the topic proposed does not fit the theme of the conference.
Step 3: Paper Submission & Preliminary Review
There are 2 types of paper submission at this conference:
- A short paper submission consists of 4–5 pages and suits researches that make significant contributions, but still in progress or can be reported briefly.
- The structure of a short paper should contain its abstract, keywords, introduction, problem statements, and the hypothetical solution along with further studies that they will go through when they want to extend their paper to be published online.
- A short paper is only included in the conference Abstracts book and will not have a chance to be published online by Springer or by IEREK’s Journals unless the author extends their work to a full-length paper and pay the corresponding fee.
- The Full/ Long paper submission is 8 – 12+ pages in length.
- The full paper should state the major issue(s) addressed, the potential significance of the work, the theoretical and methodological approach(es) pursued, major findings, conclusions, implications, and relevant scholarly references.
- A full/long paper will be included in the conference abstracts book as well as get published online by Springer or by IEREK PRESS Journals.
- The author should submit the full/short paper written on the writing template, through our online system before the paper submission deadline.
- The full/short paper should be written in English as it's the official language of the conference.
Step 4: Similarity Check/ Plagiarism Detection
All Chapters will be screened for similarity using iThenticate; a Turnitin Plagiarism detection software, used for academic publishers. Springer Similarity guidelines are as follows:
Max. % from all sources: 10-15%
Max. % from one source: 3-5%
Higher than 30% (all sources): Reject completely
Lower than 30% (all sources): Ask for revision to decrease the similarities
Once Preliminary approval for presentation at the conference and/or consideration for publication is granted, authors will be expected to complete payment in reference to the Conference Fees.
Note: In this phase of revision, the research paper will be evaluated based on its originality, structure, and relativity to the conference theme. If the paper gets acceptance by one reviewer, a paper preliminary acceptance notification will be sent to the author accordingly.
- As soon as payment is confirmed and done successfully, corresponding official documents can be issued from our end such as:
A signed/stamped preliminary acceptance letter
Receipt of Payment
Visa Invitation Letter
Step 6: Rigorous Peer Review Process (Full-length papers only)
Only after payment is confirmed,
- and the full paper submission deadline is reached, a submitted full-length paper is assigned to an Editor from the Editorial Board, in alignment with IEREK’s revision SOP (double-blind process).
- Each paper/ chapter is evaluated by a minimum of two reviewers, after which a final decision by the responsible Editor is made. There is no maximum to the number of times a paper can be reviewed, depending on the quality of the submission.
- Once a decision is made by the Editors, IEREK Editors will communicate one of the following three final decisions:
Accepted without comments
Revise and Resubmit – Minor or Major revision
- If modifications are in order, authors will be sent the relevant instructions and a deadline will be set. Missed deadlines may result in complete exclusion from the final publication/ final rejection.
- A back and forth process, modifications will be sent back to the responsible Editor/ Series Editor and another round of evaluation conducted.
- Each research paper should have one main author who should pay the full fee (Author fees) regardless of attendance.
- Each co-author (1-5 max) has his/her own separate fees to pay as shown in the table below.
- A research paper fee allows only one author, whether main or co-author, to attend the conference and receive only one copy of the conference Abstract book in both hard and soft copies. Extras can be requested for a fee shown below.
Loyalty Membership Discounts
The more you attend, the more you're rewarded! IEREK offers its loyal participants the following discounts depending on his/her attendance.
Covid-19 Conference attendance Fees: Held online from the comfort of your own home, the fees below guarantee your virtual attendance for all days of the conference date above.
African Universities Affiliated Authors Participant FeesID/ proof must be shown.
Author fees*Applicable to African Universities Affiliatedparticipants. *Covers paper submission processing fees, consideration for publication, virtual attendance, and virtual social program.*Please Contact Us to provide ID Proof of African University.
Attendance Fees (Co-authors & Audience Members)*Covers virtual attendance, virtual social program, and contribution certificate.
International Authors Participating Fees
Co-Author Fees*Attending and non-attending. Covers inclusion in abstracts book, publication upon approval, and contribution certificate.
Authors may request that their kits be delivered, for an additional fee decided by the courier, and upon request. Alternatively, authors located in Egypt can pick them up from Cairo/ Alexandria office.
Shipping Fees for Conference Abstract book and certificate (Depends on Location)